How to add your blog
Please let us know about your Honduran blog so that we can add it to our network. After reviewing the requirements below, simply email the administrator with the following information. (Please put your blog name in the subject line) :
1. URL of your blog
2. Name of your blog
3. A two to three paragraph introduction to your blog (in Spanish or English or both). The introduction that you write will basically become the introductory article for your blog, so we'd like to get an article from you that will "sell" your blog and encourage readers to click over to your blog to read more. You are welcome to include one or two photos with your article. Providing both languages, if you are able, will be greatly appreciated and may speed up the posting of your blog.
4. The four categories in which your blog should be listed: 1) topic(s), 2) language, 3) nationality, and 4) general location of the blogger. (See the category lists in the sidebar.) More than one 'topic' category may be selected. Feel free to offer suggestions for new categories. We plan to expand the categories as needed.
5. Your email address so that we can notify you when we add your blog or if we have questions. Blogger names and email addresses will be kept strictly confidential.
After your blog has been added, please add the Honduran blogger network flag to your blog by copying and pasting the code beneath the flag (of your choice of language) into a HTML gadget on your sidebar. The code will place the flag image and a link to Honduras-Blogs automatically. Please help spread the word about Honduras Blogs. Even better, please consider writing a blog article about our website. Share the love and support your fellow Honduran bloggers!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions:
Honduras Blogs has a few requirements:
1. Of course, we ask that your submission be a personal blog of primarily original material about Honduras, or some aspect of your life in Honduras. We will also include blogs of Hondurans living in other countries, whether or not their blog is about Honduras.
2. Since there isn't much point to directing readers to a defunct or neglected blog, we likely will not include (or may remove) blogs which haven't been updated in some reasonable amount of time, for example four or five months. We may make exception for blogs which, as they stand, provide substantial information or insight to Honduras but are not currently updated.
3. Similarly, we likely will not include blogs which are only temporarily about Honduras, for example a few weeks of vacation or a short mission trip. There are other online sites for trip reports, such as TravelBlog, Real Travel, or TravelPod.
4. Our overall aim is to provide an outlet for all viewpoints, however, we will not include blogs which have primarily commercial purposes, promote violence or illegalities, or would offend the sensibilities of delicate readers (such as pornography). A modest amount of advertising is fine.
We reserve the right to not include any blog which, in our judgment, does not meet these requirements.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write the administrators. Your email will be answered by a human being.