Friday, July 9, 2010

Note to readers using Internet Explorer

IE no puede

Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.


The Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) browser is acting badly and having problems with javascript. This is preventing some IE users from viewing the entire page.

The page views perfectly in other (better and faster) browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox, both of which can be downloaded for free. Chrome is particularly fast and easy to use. Just because IE comes installed on your computer doesn’t mean that you have to use it! Try out one of the other browsers and you may be amazed at how much easier and less trouble they are.

Since the snippets of our bloggers’ most recent articles are an integral part of this blog, we will not be removing that application in order to satisfy a browser system (IE) that does not function with WWW standards.

If you can’t give up your IE, here are a couple of things you can try:

1) Click on "compatibility mode" (the broken page icon next to the address bar),

and/or

2) Close out any pop-up error messages and hit the back arrow. You may need to click the back arrow more than once.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We would appreciate it if you would let us know if either of these methods worked for you.

2 comments:

Michael Dickson said...

Why anybody is still using Internet Explorer is a mystery to me. Firefox is vastly superior.

Honduras-Blogs Admin said...

I know, I know! I'm a big Firefox fan, too, but I've been using Chrome lately and it is very fast and uses less resources than FF. Both are noticeably faster than IE, which also crashes for me almost every time I use it.

IE takes 15 seconds to open my home page — which, incredibly, is a BLANK page!

But, I also found two hacks to help make the site work with IE so I hope that it is working for everyone now.

back to top